WMMB 2016 Board of Director Election Process
Each year, one-third of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board (WMMB) 25-member board is elected to three-year terms. WMMB directors guide the organization's financial affairs, formulate and set WMMB policies, approve the organization's mission and serve on one of two committees – Channel Management or Communications. All directors must be active dairy producers who sell milk into commercial channels and live in the district where they are nominated.
In 2016, eight districts are up for election. The WMMB Director Candidate Information page provides background about WMMB and highlights director roles, responsibilities and compensation. The districts up for election are:
- District 3 - Price, Taylor, Oneida, Lincoln
- District 6 - Chippewa, Eau Claire
- District 9 - Menomonee, Shawano, Waupaca
- District 12 - Wood, Portage
- District 15 - Monroe, Juneau, Adams
- District 18 - Sheboygan, Ozaukee, Washington, Waukesha, Milwaukee, Racine, Kenosha
- District 21 - Vernon, Crawford
- District 24 - Dane, Jefferson
WMMB director elections are handled by the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP). Questions regarding elections should be directed to DATCP's Stacie Ashby at
If you have any questions specific to Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, contact Brenda Murphy at 800-373-9662.
As information (e.g. press releases, calendars, bios, links) becomes available during the election process, it will be added below.