Each year, one-third of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board (WMMB) 25-member board is elected to three-year terms. WMMB directors guide the organization's financial affairs, formulate and set WMMB policies, approve the organization's mission and serve on one of two committees – Channel Management or Communications. All directors must be active dairy producers who sell milk into commercial channels and live in the district where they are nominated.
In 2014, nine districts are up for election. Those districts and their respective WMMB incumbent directors are:
- District 1 - Ashland, Bayfield, Burnett, Douglas, Iron, Rusk, Sawyer, Washburn (incumbent Ben Peterson)
- District 4 - Barron, Polk (incumbent Lyle Jensen)
- District 7 - Clark (incumbent David Bangart)
- District 10 - Brown, Door, Kewaunee (incumbent John Pagel)
- District 13 - Buffalo, Pierce, Pepin (incumbent Lanette Harsdorf)
- District 16 - Fond du Lac, Green Lake, Marquette (incumbent David Schmitz)
- District 19 - Columbia, Dodge (incumbent Sarah Lloyd)
- District 22 - Grant (incumbent Mary Wackershauser)
- District 25 - Green, Rock, Walworth (incumbent Stacy Eberle)
WMMB director elections are handled by the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP). Questions regarding elections should be directed to DATCP's Noel Favia at 608-224-5140.
The WMMB Director Candidate Information page provides background about WMMB and highlights director roles, responsibilities and compensation. If you have any questions specific to WMMB, contact Gina Bauer at 800-373-9662.
As information (e.g. press releases, calendars, bios, links) becomes available during the election process, it will be added below.