Are you interested in exporting your dairy products?
International Opportunities for Wisconsin Dairy
Wisconsin dairy products are recognized around the world for their high quality and delicious taste. This is why Wisconsin dairy exports are the third highest in the country and continue to rank in our top five agricultural exports. To continue growing Wisconsin dairy exports dairy producers and economic development consultants need to actively seek new markets for Wisconsin dairy products.
The Wisconsin International Trade Team at the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection can help you export a wide array of dairy products including:
- Cheese, Butter, condensed milk
- Livestock feed
- Food ingredients
- Cheese making equipment and technology
- Dairy services and expertise
For more information, check out their website.
- Increase Sales and Profits
Increasing sales means higher profits for everyone in the Wisconsin dairy industry: dairy farmers, dairy processers, dairy equipment manufacturers and transportation companies.
- Reduce Risk
Exposure to diverse markets protects your sales from volatility in a single market. Exporting provides consumer demand and growth potential that cannot be found in domestic markets.
- Export Assistance
With the services provided by the Wisconsin International Trade Team, you can introduce the superior quality of Wisconsin dairy products to international buyers at a reasonable cost.
Total Wisconsin Dairy Exports, USD Value
- 2011 - $231 million
- 2010 - $213 million
- 2009 - $167 million
- 2008 - $213 million
- 2007 - $196 million
Wisconsin Top Dairy Exports 2011
- Cheese and Curd - $105.5 million
- Whey, Other Milk Products - $99 million
- Butter And Other Fats and Oils Derived from Milk - $14 million
- Milk And Cream, Concentrated or Sweetened - $7.5 million
Wisconsin Top Dairy Export Markets 2011
- Canada - $57 million
- Mexico - $34 million
- Japan - $30 million
- China - $20 million
- Malaysia - $14 million
- Korean Republic - $11 million
- Thailand - $9 million
- Vietnam - $6.4 million
- Australia - $6.1 million
- Panama - $5 million
The Wisconsin International Trade Team is There to Help
Are you interested in beginning to export your product, finding out if your company is export ready or improving your export efficiency? The Wisconsin International Trade Team at the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection is there to provide your company export assistance. Services offered include:
- Exporter Education
- In fact, their November 9, 2011 Export Education Seminar titled, "Trade Tools and Tactics", included a breakout session specifically geared towards exporters of animal-origin products. Most companies that attended this session were dairy exporters.
- One-on-one consultations with companies looking to learn more about exporting
- Market information and research
- Access to funding to help your company market its product in international markets
- Distributor searches
- Information about documentation and labeling
For more information on state-sponsored export services, check out their website.
United States Dairy Export Council
Market Information Report: Cheese Imports, Exports, and the U.S. Cheese Supply
(available to Wisconsin Cheese and Dairy Companies only -- registration required)