Dairy Product Safety
WMMB Offers Safe Quality Food (SQF) Audit Program Training Workshop
The Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board announces a workshop entitled "Implementing SQF". This course is designed to provide participants with detailed knowledge and understanding of SQF Code. The first part of this two-day course provides a general overview of the process of preparing your facility for SQF certification. The second day describes the necessary processes and procedures for implementing the required elements of the SQF Code, Edition 7.1. SQF Code, 7.1 Edition was effective July 1, 2013. Jim Van Ells from NSF Center for Public Health Education will again provide the technical training for the workshop.
- Develop an understanding of the need to improve food safety and quality and to develop a common understanding of the application of the requirements described in the SQF Codes.
- Provide a sound basis to enable effective implementation of quality systems to meet SQF Code requirements.
SQF Core Requirements (First Day)
- Introduction and Overview of the Course
- About Quality, Customers and the Cost of Quality
- The SQF Codes, Food Sector Categories, SQF Vocabulary, Use of the SQF Logo, SQF Practitioner/Consultant
- Implementing & Maintaining SQF Systems
- Auditing & Certification of SQF Systems - A Supplier Overview
SQF-2000 (Second Day)
- Trainees will be guided through each element of the SQF 2000 Code so they can understand the requirements needed to gain SQF 2000 Certification. Although all three levels will be addressed, an emphasis will be placed on Level 3.
This 2 day workshop, sponsored by WMMB, is open to all Wisconsin cheese and dairy companies. Attendance will be limited to the first 22 registrants, so please register early. Cost of the workshop will be $100.00 and will cover registration, all materials, and lunch and breaks each day. Due to popular demand for this training, WMMB reserves the right to limit the number of attendees to 2 per company (please contact Matt Mathison directly to request additional registration – space permitting).
An examination is optional after taking this course in order to receive a certificate from SQFI. This exam is an additional fee of $50.00 invoiced by SQFI and must be taken online by participating trainees independently. Instructions on taking this exam will be given at the course.
|Monday-Tuesday, October 14-15 |
8:30 am — 5:00 pm
Hilton Garden Inn
Green Bay, WI
|Hilton Garden Inn Green Bay |
1015 Lombardi Avenue
Green Bay, WI 54304
|Note: a block of rooms has been reserved at a rate of $94.00 (plus tax) and will be held until September 23. Please mention WMMB Workshop. |
Note: workshop attendees are responsible for their own lodging. A block of rooms have been reserved. Please contact the hotel directly to book your room reservation.
Attendance is limited, so sign up today. Registration and payment must be received no later than one week prior to the workshop.
For questions regarding the workshop or online registration, contact Matt Mathison at WMMB, 608.203.7221, or firstname.lastname@example.org.