Dairy farmers in seven WMMB districts have until
May 23 to vote for candidates for seven open seats in the upcoming election. The Wisconsin
Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP) will accept ballots between May
2 and May 23.
The districts and nominees are:
- District 2- Florence, Forest, Langlade, Marinette, Oconto and Vilas counties. The
nominee is Connie Seefeldt of Coleman.
- District 5- St. Croix and Dunn counties. The nominee is Kay Zwald of Hammond.
- District 8- Marathon County. The nominee is Steve Sternweis of Marshfield.
- District 11- Outagamie and Winnebago counties. The nominees are Kevin Fritz of
Oshkosh and Chris Vanden Elzen of Seymour.
- District 14- Jackson, La Crosse and Trempealeau counties. The nominee is Patricia J.
Kling of Taylor.
- District 17- Calumet and Manitowoc counties. The nominee is Rosalie Geiger of
- District 20- Richland and Sauk counties. The nominee is Sharon Laubscher of
- District 23- Iowa and Lafayette counties. The nominee is Jay Stauffacher of
DATCP will mail ballots to eligible dairy producers. Completed ballots must be signed and sent to WI
DATCP, Marketing Order Program, P.O. Box 8911, Madison, WI 53708-8911. The ballots must be
postmarked on or before May 23. Unsigned ballots will not be counted.
Elected producers will serve three-year terms beginning July 1.