Milk producers who are eligible and interested in running for a Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board (WMMB) director seat have until April 1, 2016, to submit a nomination form to the Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP). To qualify, a nominee must be an active dairy producer who: 1) lives in a district up for election, and 2) sells milk into commercial channels. Eight Districts up for Election
- District 3 - Lincoln, Oneida, Price, Taylor Counties
- District 6 - Chippewa, Eau Claire Counties
- District 9 - Shawano, Waupaca Counties
- District 12 - Portage, Waushara, Wood Counties
- District 15 - Adams, Juneau, Monroe Counties
- District 18 - Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Sheboygan, Washington, Waukesha Counties
- District 21 - Crawford, Vernon Counties
- District 24 - Dane, Jefferson Counties
Potential candidates must submit a completed nomination form and have the “Affidavit of Eligibility” (on the nomination form) notarized. In addition, nominees must acquire at least five signatures from active dairy producers who reside in the same election district.
After DATCP certifies the nominations, the department will announce the candidates and hold a mail-in ballot election May 2-25, with results announced the end of May. Elected directors will then serve a three-year term July 1, 2016, through June 30, 2019.
Election information and the nomination form are available online at www.wmmb.com/elections, or for a hard copy, contact Jen Pino-Gallagher at (608) 224-5125.